Senior Java Engineer / Solution Architect*
Greenfinch Technology is looking for an experienced senior java engineer or solution architect to join our growing Java team in Dublin. You'll be working with a team of engineers and testers, delivering web & mobile applications to our customers across a variety of industry verticals (financial services, pharma/life sciences and facilities & asset management).
You enjoy working in a senior role with mixed responsibilities (team leading, architecture, customer facing) but you’re a developer and technologist at heart. You want to steer a project from start to finish and put your stamp on it while bringing up the quality of the entire team as you do.
You can take ownership of tasks and are confident in your ability to drive and deliver a project to completion; both organisationally and technically. You want to contribute to solution designs and specifications and make recommendations on technical roadmaps and technology adoption.
You want to go home at the end of the day knowing that your clients are happy with the solutions you’ve delivered, that they have been delivered on time, and that your team are proud of the code they’ve produced. An aversion to working in a silo and a willingness to operate out of your comfort zone is a must. The opportunity to make a real impact on our processes, approaches and business is granted in return.
Greenfinch Technology is a software engineering company focused on innovation & quality. We solve business problems with our technology solutions. We provide our clients with a Design, Build & Manage service to help them meet the challenges of their business in today’s fast-changing world.
We have a number of teams/projects running in parallel and we work in an agile manner (SCRUM! No, really). We place a lot of emphasis on quality and automation so testing and DevOps are very important to us.
We like to use tools that make our lives easier (Jira, Slack Jenkins. SonarQube, Octopus) and we love it when people bring new tools and suggestions to us
Desired Experience & Technologies
- We’d like you to have 2 years proven experience working in a similar senior role. Ideally, you’ll have experience with
- Team-leading: overseeing and mentoring other developers on a project
- Project delivery: taking responsibility for shipping a solution or product
- Solution Design: involvement in the design and specification of a Java project
- Our team are all full stack Java developer with experience using Spring, Hibernate, Maven, Tomcat and MySQL.
- Test Automation is core to what we build so we leverage tools & frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, Sahi, Karma and Jasmine
- Bonus points if you have experience with Android, RESTful Web Services (HAL) or designing/building solutions for distributed/cloud deployment.
Location & Hours
This a full-time role, based at our offices in Westland Row, Dublin 2, Ireland. We’re right beside the Pearse Street Dart station and close to several city centre bus stops.
We typically work 09:00 – 17.30 but it varies by person.
- 20 Days Vacation
- Access to Training & Certifications
- Oracle Certified Professional
- Microsoft Certification Professional
- Xamarin Certified Developer
- Annual Bonus (based on company & personal performance)
- Flexible Working Arrangements